Thursday, August 19, 2010

[Post 1]What is academic writing?

As I am an international student, learning english is interesting to me, and I learned pretty much from the reading, "What is academic writing?". When I was reading this essay, I was surprised some parts of the myth of writing, which is especially about the five paragraph essay. She emphasizes that students do not neet to write five paragraph essay everytime. When I was preparing to transfer to the U.S.A university, I should have my Toefl score. So when I had studied the wirting parts for the test, I was learned that an essay should be five paragraph to get a good grade. Therefore, I was trained to use the five paragraph format for every single essay. Now, I may get more flexibilities in terms of writing an academic essay. I will keep the standard rule, five paragraph essay, however, I might use a format which has four or six  paragraph essay from time to time.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment