Thursday, August 26, 2010

[Post 3]Where I live..

Have you ever lived another country than your home country? I have lived in Montgomery for about one and a half year. The only thing what made me to be here was my father's job, so I and my parents came to the United States. And my two sisters now live in Korea, which is my home country, because of their jobs. I have experienced many different things from language to culture.
At first, I assume that people, who have never lived in a different language country, may not imagine how difficult it is. Communicating with foreign people made me nervous when I first came to the United States. For example, I was always worried about what if I cannot understand others’ speaking. For this reason, I sometimes have problem in making friends, but Korean friends.
Furthermore, another differences living in Montgomery is the transportations. I have to drive after the next day that I arrived here, and there is no sidewalk to walk. When I was in Korea, there are lots of public transportations which include subway, bus, and express-train. So, I do not need to drive, and I usually walk in short distance which is good for my health.
Although living in Montgomery sometimes makes me having problems, I broaden my understanding different culture and languages.

No comments:

Post a Comment