Saturday, December 4, 2010

[Post 62] Christmas and New Year!!

After I came to the United States, I experienced a lot of cultural things that are different from Korean. There is huge difference in Christmas and New York among the United States and Korea. In the case of Korea, as I compared with Christmas and New Year's day, Christmas is more likly to a couple's day, but the New Year's day is a family union day. If I go around a popular street or a mall alone on the Christmas' eve, I should feel so lonely because there are a large number of couples in everywhere. Until last year, I always counted down the coming new year with all of my family members. On the other hand, the United States celebrate the holiday the other way as far as I knew. On the Christmas day, family members get together, and the New Year's eve, couples or friends get together to celebrate the New Year. When I  was in New York at the end of the last year, I spent the Christmas day with my family and aunt's family members. However, on the New Year's eve, I and my two sisters went to a party that was held by my cousin. There were huge number of people to greet the New Year with their friends or a girl/boy-friend. It is quite different culture between the United States and Korea, and I like both of them. I believe that I will go after the each culture at each place!

No comments:

Post a Comment