Wednesday, December 8, 2010

[Post 66] New Year's Day.

One of the most important festival in our country is New Year's Day. Unlike to the United States, people celebrate the holiday with their whole family. It is very difficult for us to gather together at the parent's home except for the big holidays such as New Year's Day. Joining together on this day helps us to strengthen the family's harmony and love. In addition, there is a traditional custom for the day. Most of the young people, who are usually less than 20 years old, receive gifts from the elders on this day. When the young people give a formal style bow of respect to the elderly people, and then they give money to us as a gift. Thinking back into my childhood memories, I did not have many memories about the New Year's Day but this custom. As getting older like 17 years old, I got more than 500 dollars. It has been almost 3 years that I could not take part in my family's New Year's day, I can't wait the day that I get together with all of my family members!

No comments:

Post a Comment